Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Products I Want to Use Up in the First Quarter of the Year

Hello everyone!  I hope your week is going well.  Today I wanted to do a post about products that I want to use up during the first three months of the year.  Some of these items have been in my collection for awhile and need to be used up before I move on to other items.  Other items are ones that I got as samples with other kits that I would like to try and work through.

This post is inspired by one of my favorite Youtube beauty gurus, Kristin Gehm.  She is so down to earth and fun to watch!  I have gotten a lot of inspiration and ideas from her.  So, thank you, Kristin, for being an inspiration!

On top of my makeup vanity is a small basket that I am now keeping products that I want to use up.  This will be a good reminder to use them when I pack my makeup bag in the mornings.  I have filled it with different products, mostly primers and mascara that I received in sample kits.

The basket...




I have several primers I want to get through in these first three months.  The first being the Laura Mercier primer which I have had for awhile now.  This primer was one of the first high-end makeup purchases I have ever made.  It is about 3/4's of the way used now.


I seem to get Benefit primers in just about any Benefit kit or Sephora/Ulta sample kit I buy.  I have a few of them hanging around.  While I like Porefessional, I have not tried "That Gal" by Benefit.  I have used the Benefit eyelid primer Stay Don't Stray a few times.  While it is not my favorite it is still manageable.





My tried and true face powder is L'Oreal True Match in W1.  As you can see, I have already hit pan on it and am hoping to use it up before I try another one.  This will be one of the only powder type face products I have ever used up.



Oh, eyelid primers ... how necessary you are to create good eyeshadow looks.  Besides the Benefit Stay Don't Stray, I have a sample size of bareMinerals Prime Time eyelid primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and the Wet n Wild Fergie primer.  It will be really hard to use these items as I just received the Nars eyelid primer and my all time favorite primer by Lorac, so I will have to be diligent in using these!




This, Revlon Brow Fantasy in Light Brown, has been my go to brow product for a while now.  There is a pencil end and a gel end.  The pencil is still nice, but the gel is beginning to dry up.  I want to get through this so I can use the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil I picked up over Christmas.


Scandaleyes by Rimmel in Nude looks great on the inner water line.  I have two of these pencils, so I want to use one of them up soon.


I do not wear eyeliner very often.  I am not very practiced with it, so I find it very hard to apply and it tends to look horrible.  By including this Stila Stay All Day liquid eye liner in the use up bin, I am hoping to get some better skills when practicing eye liner.  We'll see!


Mascara.  Oh Mascara.  I have received so many in sample kits that I do not know if I will make it through all of them within the three months that you are supposed to.  I have Benefits They're Real, Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes, Laura Geller's GlamLash, and Sephora's Outrageous Volume to try.






That's it!  Those are all the items that I want to try and finish before the end of March.  Think I can do it?  Are there any items in your stash that you want to try and get through?

Thanks again to Kristin for inspiring me with this idea.  Please check out her Youtube channel!


No comments:

Post a Comment