Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekend Hauls CVS, Walmart, and Ulta

Good afternoon on this lovely football Sunday.  My husband and I just got back into town from visiting his mother, so I thought I would sit down and post some haul pics.  After getting some football in, I am hoping to post up some deals for this coming week.

While we were out I was able to pick up a few different items.  Mainly just quick buys that caught my eye.

On Friday night we hit a CVS Pharmacy in order to pick up some essentials for the weekend.  While there I spotted two bottles of Essie that I thought were beautiful and this Seche Vitte I had not seen before.


The red Essie is Wrapped in Rubies.  It is a beautiful reddish burgundy color.  In the bottle you may notice a gold shimmer.  This does not translate to the nail very well, but the color is very lovely on the nail.  Hopefully I will have some swatches of it later in the week.  The turquoise Essie is Trophy Wife.  I was very intrigued by the shimmery color in the bottle.  I am really excited to try this one out!  Lastly the Seche Vitte bottle is called Natural.  I purchased the bottle because it is states on the bottle "matte finish nail treatment".  This is a good lesson to read the box the product comes in.  While I was hoping this was a matte topcoat, it turns out to be a basecoat.  Which is disappointing as I have been on the lookout for a good matte topper.  I will still use it, just have to continue the search it seems!

On Saturday night we stopped by Walmart to get groceries and I could not help to hit the polish aisle.



I have gotten into the habit of buying travel sized lotions when I see ones I have not tried before.  The travel sizes are cheaper, but the same product and you never know what you will find.  While at Walmart I purchased the Nivea Creme, Sauve Advanced Therapy, and Nivea Soft.  As I have fairly dry skin I am always on the search for a moisturizer that does not leave my skin feeling slimy.  The nail polishes in the pictures are Revlon Scented Parfume.  The lighter purple shimmers silver and has more of a blue tone and is called Not So Blueberry.  The other polish is a shimmery pink hued purple called Grape Icy.  These are supposed to be "scented when dry".  I have not tried them out yet to see if that is truly the case, but I will give a full report when I do!

On our way back to Austin today, I talked my husband into stopping at Ulta.  Probably the most dangerous of the stops as I can spend a good deal of time in that store.


Ulta is having a sale on China Glaze, if anyone is interested.  All collections are buy two get one free!  I bought three, a teal shimmer called Deviantly Daring, a beautiful rosy pink called Sex on the Beach, and a silver and purple duochrome named No Plain Jane.  I love duochrome polishes, so the No Plain Jane was a must have as soon as I saw it.  I thought the pink was just fabulous in the bottle and had not looked at the name until I wrote up the blog.  The Ultra brand polish is called Jaded and is a dark green shimmer which looks like it is a duochrome silver, but I am a little skeptical about that.  By the way, the Ulta polishes are still on sale for $2.00.  The small Smashbox bottle is Photo Finish Foundation Primer.  It states that it is Hydrating and as I mentioned I am horribly dry, so when I saw this I wanted to give it a try.  The little bottles of primer are on sale for $10.00.  The lipstick is Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum.  It goes on very smooth and has a nice texture.  After swatching it, I am a little worried it might be too dark though.  I will have to try it a little more and see.  Lastly, I purchased Revlon's Just Bitten Lipstain in Instinct.  I have not tried it yet, but will give a full report when I do.

That is the hauls for the weekend!  Talk to ya'll soon!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment