Saturday, November 9, 2013

First Look Swatches - Laura Mercier - Artist's Palette for Eyes

I am a weak person.  Very weak.  I am the sort of weak person that sees the 20% off at Sephora for VIBs and can not help myself.  I had gone on Thursday and purchased the Tarte Off the Cuff Blushes and figured I was going to be done.  Then I saw all the posts about the Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes and I just couldn't help myself.  It is sold out online and I managed to snag the last one at my local Sephora.

Everyone, I can totally see why it is selling out.  Oh my lord, the swatches alone make me want to take off all my makeup and redo my eyes.  This is a wonderful little palette.  The shadows are nice and creamy without being too powdery.  They swatched smoothly for my purposes here.  I have not used the palette yet, but I wanted to get the swatches up for you.


The Laura Mercier Artist's Palette comes in a brown faux leather case with a magnetic closure.  It has a large mirror in the top and a magnetic closure.  The palette is heavy but not cumbersome.  There is a large mirror in the top of the palette that is the size of the top.


The Artist's Palette has 12 eye shadows with a mixture of finishes.  Each eyeshadow is .03 ounces.

(Top Row:  Sparkling Dew, Guava, African Violet, Plum Smoke, Kir Royal, Violet Ink 
Bottom Row:  Vanilla Nuts, Primrose, Fresco, Bamboo, Truffle, Espresso Bean)

The back of the box states that the colors African Violet and Bamboo are lusters.  The colors Vanilla Nuts, Plum Smoke, Violet Ink, Espresso Bean, Truffle, and Fresco are mattes.  Finally, Primrose, Guava, Kir Royal, and Sparkling Dew are sateens.

(From Top to Bottom:  Sparkling Dew, Guava, African Violet, Plum Smoke, Kir Royal, Violet Ink )

From Top to Bottom:  Vanilla Nuts, Primrose, Fresco, Bamboo, Truffle, Espresso Bean)

I can not wait to use this palette.  I can see myself using all of these shadows so very often.  

How did you do at the Sephora sale?  Any goodies out there I should keep my eyes open for?

Hope you're having a great weekend.
~Kratrina

No comments:

Post a Comment