Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Challenge for the Month of June


Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since I have blogged.  I apologize for that, but I am hoping to get back into the swing of things with more posts and a challenge for June.

You see, over the last few months I have amassed quite a few drug stores products, samples, and other items that I have not been using.  It has been a tale of "oh, that looks pretty" followed by "I only have enough time to do my normal makeup routine."  Due to this a lot of my purchased products have been sitting unused, much to my husbands dismay.

Last night, I had an idea thanks to one of my favorite YouTube/Bloggers.  Every Friday, Emily Noel at Beauty Broadcast does an article called "Shop My Stash" where she uses goes back through her stash to find products that she loves, but has not used in a while.  I love the thought of this, because I have so many products, especially lipsticks and eyeshadows, that I could "shop" my products and always try a different look.

So for the month of June, I am going to attempt to do a no buy.  This means I will try not to buy any beauty products (including nail polish, makeup, or hair care) and just use the items that I have on hand.  Trust me, I am in no way going to run out.  I will still post about deals or cool sightings, but hopefully (fingers crossed) at the end of the month I will have no purchased anything, but will have a good idea of items I should or should not be using.  Also, I think that if I can do this and save the money, I may buy myself the Lorac Pro Palette that I have really been looking at getting.

As I go through my journey, I will be posting reviews of the products I use and possibly some looks.  I hope everyone enjoys it.

It does leave me with a question though.  Has anyone else put themselves through a no-buy?  How successful were you in it?  Do you feel that you would do it again or that it was worth it?

Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment